The Lyme Inn – COVID Policy/Changes – 7/1/2020
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes at entrances and high traffic areas
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Contactless check-in and check-out
- Evaluation of new technologies like electrostatic sprayers with disinfecting mist
Current Health and Hygiene Standards.
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures, developed by the CDC, to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
What to Expect During Your Stay.
As you know, the way we travel looks a little different right now, so we wanted to ensure you had the latest list of what to keep in mind when you prepare to travel next.
- Social Distancing. Social Distancing continues to be a recommended or required practice in public settings. We’ve adjusted common areas in many of our hotels to help guests adhere to these guidelines. During your stay, please be mindful of other guests and Team Members and maintain the suggested six feet of distance.
- Masks and Other Protective Equipment. Our state currently require that all of our Team Members and guests wear face coverings while in public areas. As such, we recommend bringing one with you. Our Inn has adjusted check-in and other processes to allow for limited contact for continued safety.
- Hotel Services and Amenities. For your safety, some services or amenities, restaurants and daily housekeeping may be modified or suspended.
Employee & Guest Health
- Hand Washing & Sanitizer – We will provide additional access to handwashing and hand sanitizer throughout the Inn.
- Front and Back of the House Signage – The resort will post signs for guest and employees indicating health & hygiene reminders, directions for higher traffic areas, and physical distancing service/waiting zones.
- Daily Employee temperature checkpoint and questionnaire related to COVID-19 tracking.
- Any employee with a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater will not be permitted on property.
- All employees will be required to receive COVID-19 safety and facilities sanitation protocols training.
- Any employee that answers yes to the questions related to COVID-19 will be asked to leave the resort property to seek medical attention.
- All employees will be asked to stay home if they feel sick.
- All employees will be required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as regulated by the federal and state governments with appropriate training for use and disposal. See OSHA for more information.
- Guests will receive a questionnaire related to COVID-19 tracking in advance of arrival. If the guest answers yes to any part of the questionnaire, they will not be allowed on the resort property. If the guest does not answer before they arrive, these questions will be asked at arrival.
- Guests are asked to take a temperature check upon arrival .
- Any guest with a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, will be asked to leave the property and cannot check-in.
- Guests are asked to wear a face mask in all public areas.
- Guests and Employees are asked to respect the physical distancing guidelines by staying 6 feet away from people that are not from their households.
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will require that particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard nonporous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
- There will be no in-room housekeeping during your stay, but guest may request extra towels, sheets, amenities, etc. for door side delivery.
Food & Beverage
- Reduce in-person contact with guests.
- We will open initially with a To-Go style breakfast service.
- We will have modified restaurant service.
- All higher touch areas will be frequently disinfected.
Linens, towels, and laundry shall be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines, including washing items as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Where possible, launder items using the warmest permissible water setting for the items and dry items completely. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue. Such areas will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing, and where possible, we will encourage one-way guest flow with marked entrances and exits. When applicable, lobby furniture and other public seating areas will be reconfigured to promote social distancing.
- Housekeeping staff will not enter the guest room for cleaning during the first phase of opening.
- Housekeeping will provide door side delivery of clean linens, towels, and amenities.